Hello! My name is Rachel Saines-Day, and I am excited to be the director of the Kohfeldt Elementary Music Program. The 2019-2020 school year will be my 5th year teaching music at Kohfeldt and my 8th year with Texas City ISD Fine Arts Department. With my previous work as a Substance Abuse Prevention Specialist at DePelchin Children's Center, I worked in multiple elementary schools throughout Galveston County, making this my 11th year working with children in the elementary school setting.
I believe that:
- our students should have a basic knowledge, skills and appreciation of the fine arts.
- a quality fine arts education program will enable students to develop self-esteem, self-discipline, self motivation and cooperation necessary for success in life.
Students at Kohfeldt Elementary attend Music Class once every six days in their rotation schedule, participate in quarterly school-wide performances and attend one fine arts field trip per year. Please continue to check this page for updates throughout the year.
I look forward to teaching your child!
If you need to contact me please click the link below.
Quaver's Marvelous World of Music - Here is the information for registering your child on the Quaver website. Quaver is the on-line music curriculum used by the elementary schools in Texas City ISD. The curriculum consists of videos, songs, games, and assessments that are used during class time, and it also allows students to register on the website to access some of the resources at home. Quaver can be accessed from any computer that is connected to the internet and is free to use. To access the games and activities students need to do the following:
- Go to the following website: www.quavermusic.com.
- Create a username and password (the username should not be their actual name)
- Type in a valid email address for password recovery (optional)
- Type in the correct Quaver code for their grade level (see below)
- Log-in using the created username and passwordEach grade level has their own Quaver Code. This code allows me to monitor how many students in each grade level utilize the at home features. The Quaver Codes are as follows:
- Kindergarten –
- 1st Grade –
- 2nd Grade –
- 3rd Grade –
- 4th Grade –